Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A recount of my favorite movies and movies I'm looking forward to.

10. Alice in Wonderland (2010)

When it comes to fantastical movie that make my brain whir, Burton's Alice in Wonderland is tops. The mix of through the Looking Glass and other Alice related media makes it a whirl wind adventure. Beyond that I love the visuals, and the concept of the creatures and people of Underland. It sparks my mind and gets me drawing or writing depending on what comes from my crazy head.

9. Iron Man


Oh Iron Man, and Tony Stark you make me love you. Now originally I did not like Tony Stark. By Robert Downey Jr. just made me grin like a psycho while watching this. So I got roped in, but that doesn't mean I take his side in the Civil War. Screw you Tony, my heart is forever with Steve!

8. The Dark Knight


First things first...a small silence for Heath Ledger...okay it's been three years but it's still sad. But that is not why this is number eight in my favorite movies.The Joker...and how twisted is this, is my favorite comic book character. So I went to the midnight Showing...and had my brain blown away! It was delightfully twisted and heart pumping, even with Two face's quick rise and fall...which doesn't make sense to me.

7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 1.



Okay I picked this poster for a reason. Even though I loved part 1, it feels just like when the last book came out. Bitter sweet sort of the end of a child hood. But I believe it was achieved perfectly. The reason I used this poster was because this scene, with the doe made me cry from happiness. That is a rare thing, as I went to the midnight showing. I'm sad it's ending but it is so great.

6.Boondock Saints



Well yes. The epic battle of mob vs. twin hot Irish brothers. Win. The plot, though interlaced with cursing every other line which is the 90's style. It is a great movie to watch if you want great action, mixed with comedy from sibling idiocy. I love it for this reason. It had a great plot mixed with the right amount of laughs.

5. Fanboys


This movie makes me laugh hysterically. This is nerd life, and it's great. The movie about a bunch of friends doing something funny, but has an underlying heart warming theme. It is great.

4.Up



This movie is a great story of love and growth. I love it because it has a great story, and a great cast of characters. It shows family values, that you don't always have to be blood to be family.

3. Coraline



Coraline is the child from the brain of Neil Gaiman. Now I love this man's writing. So it isn't hard to reason why I love Coraline both the book and movie. The style of art though close to Nightmare before Christmas, has it's own whimsy feel. The story itself is dark and slightly twisted but plays on the childhood wishing for better parents. <3 it though.

2.Forrest Gump



So wild jump right? From all these fantasy action-y things to Forrest Gump. Something about this movie makes me smile every time I see it. It's such a moving story that can be carried through out the times. It has good morals and the ups and downs as a real life.

1. Ever After



Call me a hopeless romantic but...I love this movie with all my heart. I Love Drew so it shouldn't be surprising that I love this movie. The cast is great, and the story so well done that you can almost barely see the Cinderella story under it. I love the costuming and the over all feel. <3


Movies I look Forward to.

X-Men First Class


More back stories...yes please.

Capitan America



Oh Steve, you are finally making it to this scene. <3

Cowboys & Aliens



Just yes, I love the comic. So yes.

Transformers : The Dark of the Moon



Don't care what others say I love both transformers. They make my inner child happy.

Kungfu Panda 2



:D :D :D

Thor



It's Thor. That's that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there you go. Maybe I'll do another one of these for music, or tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment