Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sailor Soldiers and The zoo

So it's spring break, and it's already over half over. It's strange I feel that the semester is half gone. It went by very fast and it was very odd. Now I scheduled for summer and fall classes and just about shitting my pants in fear.

The reality that my mid point will be NEXT SUMMER is still sinking in. Where I'll have to show people my work, and tell them "Hey you know this story I've been working on. Well here it is, can I make this my thesis." And they can go "Yes." or "Hella No." and I am completely terrified over the prospect. What the HELL and I going to do? It seems rather odd to be thinking about it. Even when it's about a year away. Jesus. I didn't think that it would be flying by so quickly. But IT IS. WHAT?


Aaaaanyways! I've been having fun of spring break. I have watched an unholy amount of Sailor Moon. Because I am so excited for the new series of it to come out. AH! So excited! But other than that, I went to the zoo yesterday! Woo!


There Bai and I had a ton of fun. Running around from 10 in the morning until about 2. It was exciting. Early in the morning there was almost no one there, and we got to see the seals without a crowd and watched the polar bears wander about eating lettuce and sweet potatoes. The Grizzly bear sisters were just grumps though, never moving while I was there. But they were MASSIVE. We walked a lot of the zoo and then by lunch time, we were contemplating cannibalism, we may or may not have gotten a little turned around and could smell food but not find it. After an over priced lunch we set out again. Did the whole zoo one more time, drew some animals, and basically goofed off. 


The worst part of the day was waiting for our cab, which took two hours because apparently they have the direction sense of a drunk sloth. Sitting outside on the stone wall in the balring sun, I got the weirdest sunburn. Just all oddly placed. It sucked. 

Then the cab driver we got decided he was in Fast and Furious. I'm pretty sure I dislocated something and Bai almost vomited on the window. It was less than pleasant. We were rocketing up hills and the cabbie would throw his hands up int eh air at cars stopping for red lights. I feared for my life. 

But then we got to the diner, and had ice cream. It was a satisfying day topped off with me beating my latest play through of Mass Effect 1 and watching A Very Potter Sequel. 







No comments:

Post a Comment